- This event has passed.
NSW | Newcastle – Advanced Training
December 8, 2022 @ 8:30 am - December 9, 2022 @ 5:30 pm$1,180.00
Completion of 3 Day Rock and Water Workshop and 1 Year extensive teaching experience in the program.
The Rock and Water Level II Advanced Training program offers schools and organisations the opportunity to develop highly skilled advanced trainers in Rock and Water who can lead the development of the program in your school or organisation. This training focuses on the explicit teaching of the first 10 core lessons of the Rock and Water program. The newly revised full program consists of 24 lessons:
• Lesson 1-2 – Standing Strong
• Lesson 3-4-5 – Handling Confrontation Using Rock and Water
• Lesson 6-7 – Rock and Water in Verbal Communication
• Lesson 8 – Rock and Water in the Playground
• Lesson 9-10 – Breath and Body Language
What will the advanced workshop enable you to do?
On completion of the Level II Advanced Training:
• School Based Educators/Counsellors: You will be permitted to run 1-day Introductory Rock and Water Workshops and conduct 2 hour (max) information sessions for work colleagues or parents of students within your school only.
• Service Providers (Youth Workers, Health Professionals): You will be permitted to run 1-day Introductory Rock and Water Workshops and conduct 2 hour (max) information sessions for work colleagues or parents of clients within your organisation only.
Note: You cannot charge a fee for work colleagues or parents to attend a 1-day introductory Rock and Water Workshop or information session.
Freerk Ykema is the founder and author of the world- renowned Rock and Water Program. A Physical Education and Remedial Teacher in The Netherlands, Freerk had a keen understanding of and connection with young people who struggled to find their purpose in life, expressing their frustration in anger, withdrawal or inappropriate behaviour. Inspired by his own experience in schools and his understanding of the physical nature of young people, Freerk developed a unique program using a psycho-physical approach to learning. Rock and Water is currently taught in over 15 countries to over 70,000 teachers. Rock and Water is an evidenced based program, as studies by the Trimbos Institute in the Netherlands, University of Utrecht and Rutgers Institute have proven the efficacy of Rock and Water in reducing sexual violence, decreasing bullying, and increasing self-esteem, self-regulation and social acceptance.
14 people are attending NSW | Newcastle – Advanced Training